Considering independent living?
To help you evaluate your options, LeadingAge Minnesota recommends the following steps and provides resources to help you find the optimal living arrangement.
1. Decide what kind of support you might want or need. LeadingAge Minnesota provides links to help you determine the type of care or services needed
2. Learn about the different kinds of senior care and services.
3. Search for care and services located in your area.
4. Visit, observe, ask questions and evaluate your options. Argentum, formerly known as the Assisted Living Federation of America, offers advice on a range of topics from evaluating a senior living community to family caregiver considerations.
5. Discuss costs and how you’ll pay for care and services. Review information on the cost of care and resources to help pay for care.
6. Know your rights as a consumer. Whether you are seeking assisted living or nursing home care, you should know your rights.
Senior Linkage Line®
Senior LinkAge Line is a free information and assistance service that helps seniors and their families find community services. It is a service of the Minnesota Board on Aging and the Minnesota Area Agencies on Aging.
You can also call the Senior Linkage Line at (800) 333-2433 or send an email to email@example.com. The phone line is answered on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.